~*my fairy tale*~

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Happiness is...

- Sipping hot chocolate / gingerbread latte on a rainy day, looking at the crowds shuffle by you.
Perfection would be sitting next to a fire place with some friends or just by myself reading a gd book...If only I was in London... Happiness is otherwise known here as that warm fuzzy feeling.

- Fettucine & Tiramisu @ Menotti's. Ever since I stepped foot in Menotti's 3 months ago, I constantly have cravings for their creamy Fettucine & the ever so delightful tiramisu. Simply yummilicious. Love sitting next to the window n people watch. This place also holds the best memory I have of 2006...... It was gd while it lasted.

- Chilling with friends @ Oosh or Altivo. 2 very different places but both give the feeling of tranquility. Situated in the heart of the city yet away from the hustle n bustle of urban life. Try hideouts like these if you feel like you need to catch your breath and leaving the country to a resort is not a viable option.

- Afternoon English Tea @ English Rose Cafe. Warm scones with butter, jam & cream and a pot of Earl Gray...brings back memories of London which are always memories of happy times for me. Hmm...come to think of it, I didn't have scones very often, scones were for breakfast while marmite n cheese on toast with Earl Gray were my staple afternoon tea after school. Idyllic Times.

- Shopping for the entire day. Retail therapy is the miracle cure to depression, stress n all forms of illness. Shopping and Relationships work the same way in my dictionary. Unique items and great buys appear when you aren't looking. Same for love. Love comes knocking when you least expect it. Happiness is when fate brings magic and pleasant surprises into one's life.

- Driving around aimlessly. I don't own a car yet but I hope to buy one soon. Driving gives me a sense of freedom and independence. Freedom I've been yearning for ever since returning from London. It gives me time of solitude for reflection and enables me to go to places further away to experience new things. Independence simply cuz I'm in control.

No comments: