~*my fairy tale*~

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What type of cake are you?

Was musing to a friend how I wished life was a piece of cake.

In return, I was asked if my life was a piece of cake, what would it be? Cheesecake, Black forest? And whether I would want to have my cake and eat it too?

Hmm...tough one.

Cheesecake: My life is pretty rich I must say as I experience and learn quite a bit of new things on a daily, if not, weekly basis with my kind of job. However, as time goes by, it can be pretty mundane n predictable.

Blackforest: I admit I have a split personality. Can't decide whether I'll like to be pleasing like the chocolate sponge cake, or smooth like the creamy bits or to be naughty, spicy & exotic like the cherries that gives the taste buds a different kick. Perhaps that is why my colleagues say that I'm an oxymoron....claiming that i'm sane when i'm actually half mad.

Tiramisu: I love alcohol and I need caffine (from tea though) to keep me going in the day...It also happens to be my favourite dessert (remembered someone telling me that it's not considered a cake) There's more than what meets the eye :) You have to know me well to find out how strong the rum is(Courtesy of AT).

Durian cake: Either you like me or you don't. I'm an acquired taste. (Courtesy of AT)

As for wanting to have my cake and eat it too, I must say I'm guilty of it sometimes. I thrive under pressure. Only when I'm overwhelmed with stuff will I be more motivated to complete my tasks on hand.

Besides, Comedian George Carlin once critiqued this idiom by saying, "When people say, 'Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too.' What good is a cake you can't eat? What should I eat, someone else's cake instead?"

What type of cake are you?

No comments: