~*my fairy tale*~

Saturday, January 27, 2007

I miss London

Saw decade old images of St Paul's, River Thames, Whitehall & Big Ben today n it reminded me once again why i'm so smitten with the place.

Things don't change very much in London unlike in sg & many parts of the world. With all the drastic changes & chaos going around, the sense of familiarity & stability has a comforting, calming effect.

Despite the regularity, there are always little surprises everywhere & exciting places to explore....it's bursting with life everywhere beneath the grey blanket cover. I miss my weekend shopping trips to oxford st, bond st, regent st, covent garden n sometimes to harrods...just for krispy kreme donuts... weekend trips to the various markets, esp petticoat lane mkt & brick lane on sundays...sunday dim sum brunches after church...2h long supermarket shopping sessions...midnite movies @ islington angel...taking the tube...hoping on n off the old london buses...sandwich shops & food caravans for lunch (jamaican jerk chicken...yummy) n kebabs for dinner or supper...chinatown for dinner or 97 for supper....dingy soho @ nite....ooohhhh yummy cakes from valerie's pattisere...oh so sinful cafe nero mocha...drinks @ allbarone or the local pubs...taking the train out of london for a day trip.... boy i can go on forever...

I miss London.It's my second home. In fact I feel more fulfilled & at home staying there. I actually enjoy British TV more than singapore or cable tv for that matter. Miss Channel 4's quirky shows, esp my fav Grand Designs & Location, Location Location and BBC 2's amazing political talkshows like the daily politics. I can watch tv for hours on end without ever feeling bored.

I'm definitely going back one day for an extended period of time. Watch me.

No comments: