~*my fairy tale*~

Monday, December 11, 2006

Bags & Shoes

Fellow online serial shopper GH asked me today how many bags & shoes I owned. Hmm... tricky...

Put it this way, I'm a self-confessed shoe addict and bag whore. Call me shallow and materialistic, but one of my aims in life is to overtake Imelda Marcos and I see branded bags as a form of investment, the way some people view red wine as alternative investment.

My personal record: 4 pairs of shoes in 2+ hours (okie.. they were 5-10 GBP each so i'm not that bad really...). Highest expenditure on a bag: 600 GBP on my pink Chanel Reporter Cambon.

It seems that I'm not alone in my quest. A recent survey by UK research firm Mintel found that one in 10 UK women - 2.6 million women aged 16 and up - are aspiring Carrie Bradshaws. They currently own at least 30 pairs of shoes - one for every day of the month. Me...hmm...haven't taken stock of the no. of shoes I have in Singapore, but in London, I definitely can walk out of my room in a different shoe for a month if I wanted to.

GH says i outta get a job like Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada...totally agree... but having said that I'll rather be the legendary fashion editrix Miranda Priestly...minus the catyness of course!

Either that or I'll need to find myself a rich husband and lead a tai tai life...easier said then done though...think it's probably easier to work my way up n become Miranda...

Pointless and irrelevant post... Probably cuz of the spillover effect from the people I followed at Paragon today... keep a look out for My Paper either on Wed or Thurs if u wanna know what I did.... hee hee...

ciao....

No comments: