~*my fairy tale*~

Monday, August 11, 2008

Till death do us part?

Attended another wedding over the weekend.

This wedding of a church friend whom I have known since primary school was different from the others I've attended. No rowdy "stealing the bride" antics, no forced drinking at the dinner, only touching songs sung by the groom. All in all, a very peaceful & blissful wedding.

While sitting through the church service, a thought ran throught my mind. At weddings, people say "till death do us part", but to me, if it's true love, even death is not an end point. There's no end to true love.

I remember a funeral director talking about love:
"I can tell whether a couple's love is true, just by looking. And it's not from the crying. It's how much attention they pay to the details of the funeral, the colour of
this, the position of that...It's like they are loving the person as if he or she is still there. And this is what true love is: When you can still love someone without his or her physical presence. "

Relationships are so fragile these days but I remain hopeful that I'll be able to find such true love one day...

No comments: