~*my fairy tale*~

Friday, June 27, 2008

Reading

I've just rediscovered the joys of reading fiction after not picking up a novel for at least 6 years...been reading magazines or non-fiction books and have decided that i haven't got the patience for long stories... it's probably the Da Vinci Code that killed my interest for reading...i've only read the first chapter & last chapter of novels ever since i finished my A levels...

Anyway...been trying to get my mind off some things lately and thought of reading to occupy my restless self on long train rides or on nights when insomnia visits me...

Went to kino one lunch time last week and pondered really hard what to get...ended up with P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern... i've always wanted to watch the film but never got the chance to, and besides i've been watching films inspired by novels like Narnia, LOTR, Harry Potter, i thought i mite try reading the book first b4 watching the movie this time...

I was expecting it to be one of those soppy romance novels that I hungrily devoured book after book back in sec sch...it wasn't a bad choice afterall...perhaps it's the style of writing, very personal, i can vividly imagine the sights, sounds, smells, emotions...very engaging.

I ought to go to bed... 2moro is gonna be another long day....

Can't wait to further discover the story of Holly & Gerry tomorrow, 6 more letters to go...