~*my fairy tale*~

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Trust me, I'm a journalist

Was randomly surfing facebook...procrastinating as usual....supposed to be finishing up my article for 2moro...

a fren had this group on her facebook: "Trust me, I'm a journalist" n it came with this pretty apt description:

"For those who barely make the deadlines, always need to be in-the-know, work crazy hours covering hurricanes, have seen their fair share of car accidents and knocked on more than enough doors of criminals and grieving families -- all for a byline or 1:30 of airtime."

kinda sums up wat i do... just tt i haven't covered any major natural disasters b4... car accidents, criminals, grieving families, men in white, alternative voices, pimps, fashionistas, men who live for their rides, motor mouths, mutes, geeks, freaks, nutters... been there, done that. spent half a year spending my mornings at the mortuary... glad tt i got out of it sooner than most.

now i spend my days canoodling with economists, property agents, bankers, analysts and anyone tt has or handle money...prob one of the most painful ting to do...seeing lost opportunities n the rich getting richer n the poor getting poorer...

oh well, i need to scoot...or i'm never gonna make the deadline for 2moro's paper. ciao

2 comments:

小胖 said...

I've done that for many years... I'm really a journalist.

;p

Yunlin 韵琳 said...

haha ya... u even tick the natural disasters box...