~*my fairy tale*~

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Comex 2006

Went to Comex 2006 today and finally decided to give up my lovely companion (Canon Powershot A80) for it's younger n sleeker counterpart the Canon IXUS 60! My bag will weigh much lighter starting Monday! Can't wait!... hmmm but i'm not quite ready to give up the powershot to my mum... love the revolving LCD screen (great for narcissistic me... totally love self shots!) and the replaceable AA batteries.



Paid S$520 for my Canon IXUS 60 and got the following freebies: 1 1 GB SD card, 2 512mb SD cards, Canon Pro bag, Cleaning kit, IXUS leather case, mini tripod and 1 pack of screen protectors. I didn't get ripped off rite?

Spent super a lot of money today... besides the IXUS, I also got myself an ipod!



Never really intended to buy an ipod since I already got myself an ipod-lookalike, 1 GB Korean MP4 player that has radio function just last November for $120 at some IT fair at Suntec.

Well, put it this way, the Apple booth next to the Canon booth caught my eye and I liked the sales girl's service and attitude, so I gave in and got my very first 30 GB Video ipod at $488 (figured it's more worth it than a nano going at $325 for just a 4GB without video function). Manage to get a red leather casing with protective covers and a 3 pin adapter ($54) for free. Hopefully this is a good buy too and that Apple doesn't decide to drop the prices of ipod further (altho chances r quite big considering microsoft n toshiba r planning to launch MP3s and iriver & Creative powering up their gears too....).

Call it my occupational hazzard, my mind runs over time for smart spending articles in My Paper wherever I go... so here you go ppl, Smart Spending Tips for Comex (N.B. TStrictly for bimbos like me.... guys who know their stuff will prob not need this....)
1. Go Sunday afternoon (the stuff that u r eyeing mite not be available if u go too late) if u aren't put off by the crowds, if not Saturday at 8.30pm (closing time 9pm) will be a great alternative. Trust me, u can shop way pass 9pm (I left at 945pm today....) minus the crowds n much much better service from the sales person trying to clinch the last deal for the day but only if u already know what u want.
2. Don't settle for the free gifts that are stated, it pays to be greedy n ask for more...
3. Heard from my frens, not sure how true this is, worth a try: Go to Sim Lim when everyone else is focused on Comex and negotiate by saying that the guys at Comex have offered u a better deal...)

No comments: