~*my fairy tale*~

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

LA Times

Hi ppl... sorry was too tired to blog yesterday so I'm gonna combine 2 days of shopping into one blog entry...here goes:

Day 1: The OC Pilgrimage
I love the show The OC and was pretty pleased when I heard that my hotel was gonna be in Orange County. But having stepped foot in here, I can tell u that it's one of the most ulu places on this planet man... besides Disneyland & Knotts Berry Farm there isn't very much to do around this place. The hotel personnels except for one wasn't very helpful either in giving directions, insisting that I need to drive in order to get my way ard n i shudn't go to Downtown LA alone as it's full of muggers...

That aside, I managed to get on a public bus that runs just outside the hotel and asked for directions from the bus driver. Managed to somehow get myself down to Newport Beach & Bilbao Island.. home of the OC :) Having seen it for myself, I now truly understand why ppl say that LA is about beaches n shopping (besides Disneyland & Hollywood)...the beaches were sprawling, blue skies, blue sea, nice soft sand, ppl surfing... it's my kind of place :) There were lots of ppl fishing at the pier as well n this guy actually caught this huge stingray about 1m long... amazing stuff... he threw it back into the sea with the help of others at the pier if u're wondering. Oh and there was this shop near the beach which sells the OC stuff, took a picture with the director chairs with the names of the OC characters on it.

After frolicking about the beach, I took the bus to this place called Fashion Island... cool huh? It's located opposite the opening scene of the OC (this row of houses situated along a cliff) it's so so so huge... it's about 5 suntec city malls put together... amazing stuff, there's Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Macy's, Nike Goddess (i couldn't find it though), BCBG, Victoria Secrets, etc. .... got a Laundry by Shelli Segal dress at $75 (original was $250) from Neiman Marcus & a Bloomingdales Little Brown Bag :) Got back to the hotel close 2 midnite & watched Sex & the city, Southpark & movies on HBO... nice stuff...

Day 2: Desert trail
Today I went to this really huge factory outlet in the middle of the desert at Palm Springs called Desert Hills Premium Shopping Outlet. Surrounded by mountains & the desert, it's a really "cool" experience shopping there with it's over 250 shops n all... heaven for shopping queen here...hee hee...

I must say being in the middle of a desert in summer was truly an experience... it was freaking hot!!!!! Was practically fried in there... way hotter than Singapore...so I ducked from one shop to another to stay in air conditioning....as a result I got lots of stuff n burnt a huge hole in my pocket in my 6 hours that I was there:

1. Ferragamo pumps (US$120 from $260)
2. Marc Jacobs flats (US$105 from $220)
3. BCBG top (US$40 from $70)
4. Miss Sixty Jeans (US$80 from $120)
5. Coach contact lense case (US$30 from $60)
6. 3 pairs of Nike socks (US$8 from $13)
7. Adidas cap (US$5 from $13)
8. Blueberry Green Tea Frappacino from Starbucks ($3.30)

Am so not gonna shop for the next 2 months at least after this trip man... but at least i havent been shopping apart from the mango sale in the last 2 months so I guess I'm entitled to do so ehz?

Okiez gotta call it a day here as I need to call a fren to see if I can meet up with her while i'm in LA... miss her so much...

Later guys! Ta~

1 comment:

Yunlin 韵琳 said...

yeah it's a great place to shop but it would be better minus the heat.

yup bought a bag & a wallet :)

Btw, I'm back!